Thursday 16 February 2023

A new home and a trip to the Isle of Man

 Progress got seriously diverted during the late summer with two projects.

First of all I took a long overdue trip back to the Isle of Man for the Manx Grand Prix with my son. He was on his uber-modern Honda 125 Grom and I was on my '70s Honda 250 G5. Interestingly they were roughly comparable on performance albeit I had more top end speed, but maybe I was just being kinder to the old girl. We had a great time although I fear the Manx is on its last legs now - a shadow of its former self.





I love camping with the motorbike and found this for sale in the campsite bar on the last night, which summed up the holiday nicely.

You can read a lot more about that trip here.


Probably more importantly, I haven't had anywhere to securely store my bike for the last few years and couldn't bear the thought of storing the Enfield under a cover when it's finished. A bit of garden down the side of the house became available and I built a huge shed to store garden stuff but with a front section just big enough for one bike. It's very sturdily made and will give me good security. Gloria the G5 is currently in residence!




No comments:

Post a Comment