Monday 17 May 2021

Paint stripping

Paint stripping is the theme of this next phase I think.

I collected the parts that had gone to Paul for blasting today and really pleased with the results.

This was the box as delivered to him:


and these are the parts after blasting:

Engine mounts

Steering yoke

Brake pedal

Toolbox

Toolbox

Toolbox cover

Toolbox cover - this one has been painted with something tenacious! More work to do here.

Chainguard

Front mudguard stays

Fork shrouds

So I can get painting that lot now. All in black except for the chainguard and tool box covers, which will be green. I'm planning on using plasticote black spray paint as I've had good results with that in the past.

I also started stripping some frame parts myself: the swinging arm (see next post) and the rear mudguard frame:



It comes off relatively easily with a paint stripping wheel in the drill, but it's pretty noisy so I'm doing it in small bursts to keep the relationship with our neighbours intact!

No comments:

Post a Comment