Sunday 11 April 2021

Seat Base

The seat cover is OK, but worn and torn in a couple of places and doesn't have the right coloured piping that is normally used for these Crusaders, so I will put a new cover on it. 

When I had a close inspection of the base, I was a bit apprehensive of what I would find, as it felt like there was a lot of crumbly rust around the edges. After stripping the cover off, it was a pleasant surprise - the base is really solid - what I thought was rust was where the seat foam has degraded and solidified/crumbled. I'll need to replace the seat foam but that's much easier than welding in new steel.

The foam actually looks and feels rusty - not sure how that works?



But the metal base is really solid - a quick wire brushing and it will be ready for paint.





No comments:

Post a Comment